Friday, December 10, 2010

Blessed

All I can think of tonight is how blessed Tim and I are.  The list of things we're thankful for gets longer every day.  I have spent days sitting at Teegan's bedside asking myself why Tim and I have been chosen to fight this battle. . . .not once but twice.  And why is the second time around even tougher than the first?  Why us?  What did we do wrong?  Were we not meant to have children?  What did we do to deserve this?  Is God testing us?  But He never gives you more than you can handle.  Right?  Right????  I have asked myself that a billion times! 




Today Timbree came to spend the afternoon with us.  We had decided before she got here that we wanted her to hold Teegan if she wished.  At first she wasn't very sure.  She seemed somewhat nervous about the whole situation.  She wouldn't even touch him.  But by the time we were finished snapping a few pictures she was crying because she wanted to take Teegan home with her.  It was just like she knew she had to talk softly, be gentle and sit still while she was holding him.  It was so sweet the way she held him and looked at him.  He got several kisses from her too.  Now, I'm sure the talking softly, being gentle and sitting still while holding him won't last long once we get him home but today she was a natural at being a big sister.




Even though we have been given two beautiful soon to be healthy babies, I still can't help but to ask myself why.  But I do know that God is good and I see that every time I look at Timbree and Teegan.  What would we ever do without them?  We wouldn't trade them for the world. 




No comments:

Post a Comment